It seems we’ve got healthy & simple meal preparation on the brain! We know cooking healthy can seem overwhelming at times – isn’t that why the freezer aisle full of fast, pre-made meals exists? We like the convenience of frozen meals, but crave the satisfaction of healthy and homemade dinners. Today, we want to share a one of our favorites which is 1 Pan Chicken Parmesan. A family favorite that is healthy, satisfying and good for the soul. (Okay, maybe that’s a stretch… but a little home-cooked goodness can go a long way!) Our 1 Pan Chicken Parmesan recipe is unique. Rather than dredging the chicken breasts in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs, we tweak the technique by turning the coating into a topping. Not only is it infinitely easier, the crumbs stay super-crunchy and it helps whittle down the calorie count.
- 12" Large Skillet
- Ingredients For Breadcrumbs Topping:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup Panko
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Ingredients For Chicken
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce or your favorite prepared sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced thin, or 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Add the panko, and garlic, and season lightly with salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the crumbs are golden brown and fragrant.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parmesan, and parsley.
- Set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet thoroughly.
For the Chicken
- Return the now clean, empty skillet to medium heat and heat until it’s hot enough that water droplets bead across the surface, about 3 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place them in the hot, dry pan and cook about 5 minutes until they come away from the bottom of the pan with no resistance and are nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken browned-side up and pour the marinara sauce over the chicken.
- Top each breast with 2 slices of the mozzarella.
- Cover and cook until steam just begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal then immediately reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve divide the chicken and sauce among 4 plates and sprinkle each portion with the breadcrumb mixture.